Hari and I love traveling, especially long road trips. There is something very energizing about open roads, music, us singing along, stopping at random places to explore and debate about random topics. Chipotle is our favorite fast food places to go when on these trips, its healthy and wholesome with a delicious vegetarian option which is not just salad. But then there are those days where we crave the goodness of a burrito bowl and live the memories of travel without really leaving the house, this is our fix for those days. Plus this easy to fix meal is actually faster than getting in the car and driving.
This is a vegetarian version, but if you are a meat lover then just top it with cooked meat of your choice in assembly and your all set.
Time for Prep: 10 mins Time to Cook: 10 mins Yield: 4 Servings Level: Easy
- 2 cups cilantro lime rice
- 1/2-3/4 cup beans and corn salsa
- Chopped mixed vegetables:
- 1/2 green pepper, Julienned (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 red pepper, Julienned
- 1/2 yellow pepper, Julienned
- 1 medium sized red onion, Julienned
- 1 medium size tomato, Julienned
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnishing
- Cooking the vegetables:
- In a heavy bottom pan heat oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables and sauté for another 2-3 mins.
- Add the cumin powder, cayenne and salt. Mix and sauté until they are cooked, stirring as needed.
- In a bowl arrange 1/2 cup of Cilantro Lime Rice, top it with the Beans and Corn Salsa, then the sautéed vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.