Hakka Noodles is one of the most popular street food in India. There is nothing more satisfying than a warm plate of Vegetables and Egg Noodles sautéed in soy sauce (and more) on a rainy evening. Its satisfying in its simplicity!
Time for Prep: 20 mins Time to Cook: 10 mins Yield: 4 Servings Level: Easy
- Thick Egg Noodles
- Julienned (cut) vegetables
- 1 small Onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated (or 1.5 tbsp ginger powder)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce or siracha
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper power
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt, ground black pepper and a couple drops of oil. Add the noodles and boil until its cooked. Once cooked immediately plunge in ice cold water, drain well and sprinkle a little oil. This prevents them from sticking to each other.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 mins. Don’t overcook, the dish tastes best when the vegetables are slightly crunchy.
- Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce, rice vinegar.
- Add the boiled noodles, mix everything. Turn off the flame.
- Pour soy sauce, around the edges of the wok and gently fold it in.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and serve.